Sleep, thou elusive friend

It is such a challenge to sleep with burning feet. With the need to keep them uncovered comes the problem of keeping the rest of me warm enough to sleep. I have tried many ridiculous-looking arrangements, with limited results. I even had my ankles in cardboard or foam "stocks" to protect my body from the fan blowing on my feet. It worked only a little bit. I finally gave up on that. The best fix is using Lyrica to drug me through the night--which makes me dizzy, and when severe causes nausea, and then I'm really incapacitated. And when I don't sleep, my muscle fatigue and cramping and fibro symptoms escalate.

Last night my husband scolded me for soaking my feet in ice water before bedtime. "Are you keeping track of how long you are soaking in water? Are there ice cubes in there? Are you getting addicted to ice again?" I held my tongue; he was just trying to help; I said, "I know." It's so hard to know where to draw the line. I still have the ice under control, but I could get addicted again very easily.

And I'm giving it all back to you, Jesus. Someday I will see you face to face, and you will wipe every tear from my eye. People tell me I still radiate the joy of life. I still manage to show hospitality to strangers and friends every week in my home. I am being used for the kingdom. It's all good. Christianity is the only worldview that provides meaning for suffering. As I suffer, Christ is molding me into his character and image. Thank you Lord.

<script async src="https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js?client=ca-pub-7412919396529588"
     crossorigin="anonymous"></script>

Popular posts from this blog

Our 24th anniversary

Taking Back My Life with an Animal-Based Diet

FIBRIN: the missing link to fibromyalgia? Not mine...