To Hawaii and Back

WOW! I actually made it to Hawaii for a week and back. See more about my trip at my other blog. I actually did better in Hawaii than I have been doing in a long time! Why? It wouldn't have been the heat; the temps in G.P. have actually been higher this summer than it was in HI. (My feet still swelled alot from the heat and I had to keep ice and antifungals on my toes,). I think the main reasons were: 1. I had access to a pool at the hotel and I worked out in the water twice a day (as opposed to my usual 3x a week); 2. I had a good night's sleep every night, no jet lag (who knows why?) 3. my husband was available and very willing to do all the lifting and hauling baggage (bless him); 4. I used wheelchair assistance at all the airport connections. Other factors may include the higher oxygen levels and humidity, the stress-free schedule, and the minimal road travel involved. I do fine on planes; in fact I enjoy riding on them. But I think reasons 1 and 2 are highest on the list. Plus I can't dismiss the fact that many people were praying for me. So I have learned from this trip that I should rearrange my schedule to get water exercise every day. At least I can try to keep my renewed health. What a relief! The very day we left I didn't think I could handle the trip because my stomach was cramping. But I took hyoscyamine (prescription for stomach cramps) and this time it worked--just in time for the travel to the airport. Thank you God. I was dreading this trip for months, kicking myself for making the reservations, but my husband would not give up on the idea. It has turned out to be a wonderful boon to my spirits.

<script async src="https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js?client=ca-pub-7412919396529588"
     crossorigin="anonymous"></script>

Popular posts from this blog

Our 24th anniversary

Starting on ValCyte

"I'm on a new drug, one that won't make me itch..."